Upcoming Fresh Blood Themes!
Hey, scary playwrights!
It gives me great pleasure to announce that we are currently seeking horror & suspense plays for the following themes:
"Revenge Served Cold"
Submissions due by: March 24, 2014
Reading: April 2, 2014
Submissions due by: April 16, 2014
Reading: May 7, 2014
Make sure to review our general submission guidelines, then send your play to: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Seven Years" by Margaret DonahueDid you miss Fresh Blood last night? Check out this video of the La Petite Morgue crew reading Seven Years by Margaret Donahue! And don’t forget to join us April 2 for the next edition of Fresh Blood!
Seeking New Hunting Grounds, and other plans in the works
Planning has begun for the next edition of The Best of Fresh Blood. If you weren’t around last April, The Best of Fresh Blood is where Chelsea and I choose the best plays from this year’s reading series and decide which ones to fully stage, with sets, lights, costumes, props, special effects - the works!
We’ve launched a fundraising campaign to help with our expenses, but there are lots of other things we need your help with. First and foremost, we’re looking for the right venue. It has to be on the cheap side, but with enough room backstage to hold our fabulous actors, ideally without giving them claustrophobia. The ideal venue would be centrally located in NYC, with a dark and creepy atmosphere, a lobby or waiting area for patrons (as opposed to making people wait in stairways). If you work at a venue - or you just happen to own an abandoned butcher shop in Midtown - we want to hear from you!
Also, if you’re interested in volunteering your time and energy to direct or stage manage a play, or help with a technical or design element, feel free to let us know. Actors, standby for audition announcements. And playwrights, it’s not too late to send your scripts, we still have a Fresh Blood or two left this year!
New Deadly Nights VideoDo you like music videos where hipsters die bloody? Then watch and enjoy!
Follow Deadly Nights on facebook for updates.
News From Our Performers & Writers
- Aleks Merilo, writer of Bloody Mary, will see Sanguine Theatre Company premiere his new play Exit 37, November 7-10 & 13-17.
- Chelsea Holland is featured in M is for Mammary, a short film from the “The ABC’s of Horror” competition, now available for viewing online.
- Adriana Jones will be singing in And You Were Wonderful, a new musical production, November 8-10 at the National Academy Museum.
- Molly Lisenco performs with her comedy group The Internet Disagrees With You, November 8 in Astoria.
- Elizabeth Weitzen stars in We Might Be Superheroes, a campy-fun web series by Amusement Films.
- Lisa Huberman, writer of Ghost-Busted and Heart/Succor, will have her short Life Play read as part of New Light Theatre’s Dark Room Series, November 14 & 15 at Access Theatre.
November Theme: It’s Crazy!
News From Our Performers & Writers
- Adriana Jones opens her one-woman show Vivien On the Rocks on September 5 at Theatre Row.
- Amanda Berry is performing in The Oedipus Project with New Light Theater, September 5-15.
- Lisa Huberman's LIFE PLAY premieres as part of the new competitive one-act festival at The Secret Theatre, September 6, 8, 13 & 15. Lisa is the author of Heart/Succor and Ghost-Busted, as well as an LPM guest-blogger.
- Joe Brofcak's I Can Build You will be presented by the Endangered Artists Sanctuary, September 11-15 at the Producers Club. You may remember Joe’s plays In Sickness, Endless Tomorrows, and/or The State. I Can Build You is directed by frequent-Fresh-Blooder Yuriy Pavlish, and the cast includes Joe Caintic and Aaron Kapner.
Upcoming “Fresh Blood” Reading EventsHey, writers! You only have two days left to submit your short “Break-Ups From Hell” horror play for us to read at Fresh Blood on Wednesday, September 7.
We’re also accepting plays to read at Fresh Blood on Wednesday, October 2, when our theme will be “Conversations With Dead People”. The deadline for that theme isn’t until September 21. Even if you don’t have a short horror play with ghosts in it just lying around, you still have time to write one especially for us!
We at La Petite Morgue are always accepting submissions for our Fresh Blood Reading Series, which takes place the first Wednesday night of each month at 8pm at Happy Ending Lounge - 302 Broome Street in downtown Manhattan. Please read our full submission guidelines and send your submission to: LaPetiteMorgue@gmail.com
And don’t forget to join us for Fresh Blood: Break-Ups From Hell on Wednesday, September 7 at 8:00, which will feature In The Basement by Julia Rae Maldonado. You get to see our lovely acting ensemble read new works of horror, drink, and give us your opinion on the ones you’d like to see us produce. There is no charge for admission, and it’s a great way to get involved in making horror happen in NYC.
Until then - stay scary, New York!
Add This to Your Psycho Beach Party Playlist
THE BEST OF FRESH BLOOD
April 5-7, Friday, Saturday & Sunday at 8pm